Today another spiritual occasion in our
family prompts me to write of its nature. It is a sequel and another
manifestation of that which I recorded on page 56 (*** add entry date as p. #'s will be lost***). This morning after
breakfast, Carol, Jane, Chris and myself were reading the scriptures in front
of the fire – each of us reading in silence and in our own way. Then Norma
suggested that she wanted to play for us a tape from Br. Richard Cown (BYU) on
the Doctrine and Covenants. 15 of us then gathered together to earnestly learn
together. How can I ever thank the Lord enough for this rich blessing and
spiritual atmosphere of learning that our family enjoys. He is truly leading us
by the hand. My confidence waxes strong in giving blessings and using the power
of the priesthood in our home because I know that as long as we are righteous
our prayers will be answered as they have in the past.
PG 107 [No Date Provided] – This letter is a sequel to my
notes on page 98 (see Aug. 12th entry regarding his visit with his father). I
wrote to Pres. Ezra Taft Benson and told him how much his gesture of friendship
to my father meant to our family and to the generations to come. I also told
him how I sustain him as an Apostle of the Lord because I have a testimony of what
and who he really is.
[The letter is dated Sept 3, 1974 and reads:]
Dear Dr.
Anderson:
For
your very thoughtful and generous letter of August 12, I am deeply grateful. It
was a real joy and inspiration to see your father at the funeral of Aunt
Carmen. It called to mind many memories, all of them pleasant, of my
association with your father and mother, and you and your brother as boys of
the Aaronic Priesthood. I have no doubt that your father is might proud of you.
God
bless you in all the days to come. Thank you so much for sending the letter. It
gave a great uplift to Sister Benson and me.
With
prayerful wishes for your welfare.
Faithfully
your friend and brother,
Signed
Ezra Taft Benson
No comments:
Post a Comment